Planning a home remodeling or improvement project in 2015? Well, you aren’t alone. According to The National Association of Home Builders’ (NAHB), home remodeling is at an all-time high
and this growth is expected to continue throughout the coming year. 2015 will favor functionality in combination with self-renewing materials -- both stylish and environmentally friendly. Here are some of home remodeling predictions from design and living experts you should consider before starting your home renovation project.
Home Remodeling Predictions for 2015
So without further ado, here are the latest interior design and home remodeling predictions for 2015:
- Kitchen cabinets – Fresh, simple, low maintenance cabinets with modern look and details are in demand. Although, some prefer re-facing and or refinishing existing cabinetry as it is an additional affordable option for those wanting an updated look.
- Countertops – Beautiful and long-lasting granite countertops remain popular. However quartz composite, such as Caesarstone is comprised of 93% natural quartz. It is nonporous, very hard surface and is resistant to stains, scratches, moderate heat, and most household elements. This natural stone never needs sealing and cleaning it is simple. In addition Caesarstone's comes in array of colors and contains recycled materials in them. The no maintenance, protective countertop material is popular and readily available today.
- Hardwood floors – many homeowners are opting for engineered wood flooring. Pre-finished woods offer a durable finish with less installation time and no required sanding. These floorings come in a selection of colors, design and texture.
- Backsplashes –stone, Glass and tile mosaic composite backsplashes are a great complement to stone and quartz countertops, they are a focal point and add texture and visual interest. Solid glass panel backsplashes are popular in modern homes, where they provide a clean and delicate look to a polished, contemporary kitchen setting.
- Sinks – Deep, single-bowl sinks are the current trend in kitchen sinks. Fitted strainers and dish drains deliver the benefits of double sinks. The single-bowl size accommodates large pots and pans. Trendy materials include stainless and quartz composites.
- Color –shades of charcoal are finding their way back into our kitchens with a mix of whites and black giving sophisticated and refined feel and look. Custom modern kitchens are getting more elegant vibe with abundant colors to choose from.
- Universal Design – Can you design a home to better suit your specific needs? The concept of universal design is to accommodate everyone living in a home. Kitchen and bath upgrades that enrich functionality, comfort and safety are a popular trend.
- Healthy Living – Create a healthy living environment free of toxins and harsh chemicals. In addition, many homeowners are taking advantage of federal and state incentives to upgrade the energy efficiency of their homes.
- Outdoors Spaces – More people are adding livable-screened porches, since backyard patios are the extension of our homes high ceilings, fireplaces and awesome living room outdoors spaces are in demand.
- Efficient Lighting – More kitchen and bath designers are using lighting to enhance the look and improve the energy to open spaces in homes.
- Fixtures – Satin nickel is the most popular finish for kitchen fixtures, but bronze and oil-rubbed finishes are becoming more common.
- Showers – Many homeowners in 2015 will be tearing out their tubs for expanded, walk-in showers.
- Master Bath Havens – The luxurious, spa-like master bath still a hot trend in home remodeling. Popular designs include separate tub and shower areas, double vanities, separate water closets and spa amenities.
- Automated Controls – Homeowners are taking advantage of making their homes more efficient with a single smart device with automated controls.
- Making Space – Contractors are busy knocking down walls between to create a roomier, more open feel in living spaces.
If these remodeling trends for 2015 are making you excited, now is the time to start preparing and planning your home remodeling project. Whether you’re considering a smaller update or a major remodel, Imagineer Remodeling is here to help you take care of all the details of your home remodeling or renovation project.