Simple, affordable and good for the community. See what HERO can do for you.
The Home Energy Renovation Opportunity, or HERO is the smart path to financing home renovations for efficiency, comfort, and savings.
Interested in applying for HERO financing?
Contact us for additional information
The HERO Program offers a unique, affordable financing option for energy-efficient upgrades for increased efficiency, comfort, and savings. Water-saving upgrades are also available in drought-impacted areas, such as California. HERO finances 100% of the cost to purchase and install eligible products, with fixed rates and flexible terms of 5-20 years, depending on the improvements you choose.
Why choose HERO?
- HERO finances 100% of your project cost
- No money down, no upfront cost
- Approvals for the HERO Program are primarily based on the equity in your home
- Approvals for the HERO Program are not based on credit score
- Fixed rates and flexible terms of 5-20 years
- Local government approved
- HERO provides the same financing options for water-saving and drought-resistant products
- The interest on HERO payments may be tax deductible
What kind of products are eligible for efficiency upgrades with HERO financing?
Products that qualify for financing through HERO:
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Water-saving and drought-resistant products available in California
Join the thousands of property owners using HERO to lower their energy bills and create a more comfortable living space. Whether you want to reduce your carbon footprint, water usage or utility bills, HERO helps make it happen. There are over one million eligible products geared towards helping you save.
- Solar Panels
- Solar Pool
- Water Heaters
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- Windows, Skylights, Doors, Roofs
- Wall, & Floor Insulation
- Drought Tolerant Landscaping
- Irrigation Systems
- High-efficiency Faucets & Toilets
What are the eligibility criteria for HERO?
Specific eligibility requirements for HERO financing include the following:
- Mortgage payments must be current at the time of application
- Property owner(s) must not have had more than (1) 30-day mortgage late payment over the past 12 months
- Property taxes must be current, and there must be no more than one late payment in the past three years
- No outstanding involuntary liens, such as tax liens or mechanic's liens