Finally, A Smarter Path To Energy Efficiency
CaliforniaFIRST financing helps you complete home improvements to make your space more comfortable and save money on your energy and water bills.
Interested in applying for CaliforniaFIRST financing?
Contact us for additional information
CaliforniaFIRST is an innovative partnership between your county government and a private financing company that allows you to receive upfront funding for energy efficiency, renewable energy and water efficiency improvements for your home or business → and to repay through your property taxes over the course of up to 20 years.
Why choose CaliforniaFIRST?
- 100% financing
- No out-of-pocket costs
- Borrow up to 15% of property value
- Flexible repayment terms: 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years
- May add value to property
- Fast in-home approvals
- No prepayment penalty and free re-amortization
- Balance may transfer to new owner upon sale
- Financed amount won’t appear on credit report
- NO impact on future debt-to-income ratio
What kind of products and projects are eligible for efficiency upgrades with CaliforniaFIRST financing?
With CaliforniaFIRST, homeowners are able to complete a wide range of energy-efficient home renovation projects, including:
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Water Efficiency
There are hundreds of projects and products eligible for CaliforniaFIRST financing. And with no money down, homeowners can make multiple upgrades at once, increasing project sizes and supporting your business.
How can I qualify for CaliforniaFIRST financing?
Qualifying for CaliforniaFIRST financing is primarily based on:
- The property’s estimated market value
- The amount of the property owner’s equity in the property
- The property owner’s recent mortgage and property tax payment history
- Please Note: Qualifying is not based on FICO score